While celebrating Father’s Day 2020 may look different than previous years, quarantine doesn’t mean that kindness has to be canceled! Despite the current Coronavirus pandemic and social distancing safety measures, there are still lots of ways to make sure that all those awesome dads out there get the love and appreciation they deserve. To help lessen the load of brainstorming and planning, we made a list of five quarantine friendly ways to get kind this Father’s Day. Chock-full of virtual and in-person ideas, you’re sure to find the perfect match for your family’s holiday celebration!
5 Ways To Get Kind This Father’s Day
- Organize a Game Night: Get the family together for some quality time by organizing a game night. Whether it’s a board game, a card game, a good old fashioned game of Pictionary or charades… you’re bound to have a blast with your loved ones. You can even make it virtual and invite some friends and relatives!
- Plan a Movie Marathon: If you’ve got a family full of movie buffs, consider compiling a list of your favorites and planning a movie marathon. Whether you’re into Star Wars, Harry Potter, or the Marvel superhero flicks, a quick search online should give you access to rent just about any movie you can think of. Go the extra mile and pick up some of your most craved snacks to really get in the movie marathon mood. We suggest popcorn, extra butter, and of course, something sweet!
- Set Up a Surprise Brunch: It’s safe to say that brunch is an American favorite. When you combine the luxury of sleeping in late with the delicious flavors of your favorite breakfast foods… what’s not to love! If your dad is a brunch fan like the rest of us, surprise him with his favorite order. Whether you call in takeout or make it fresh at home, this treat is sure to put a Father’s Day smile on his face!
- Host a Virtual Get Together: Chances are you will be celebrating Father’s day isolated from your loved ones this year. But don’t let that get you down! Hosting a virtual get together is easier than ever and a quick search online will direct you to countless platforms through which you can organize your Father’s Day hang time. Reach out to your family, schedule a time, and enjoy some virtual quality time with the ones you love!
- Opt for an Outdoor Family Activity: For all you nature lovers out there, opting for an outdoor activity is also a safe option! Just remember to wear your masks and maintain the appropriate social distances for safety. Perhaps your father has been cooped up during quarantine and is itching to hit the trails or get back on his bike. Maybe camping or fishing is more of his style. Whatever activities you choose this year, get out there and enjoy some Father’s Day bonding and fresh air!